Intelligent lighting is a stage lighting that has mechanical abilities beyond those of stationary, traditional illumination. Although the highly developed intelligent lights might produce extremely complex effects, the intelligence lies with the programmer of the show relatively with the lighting operator. An automotive intelligent lighting system is an exceedingly adaptive or automatically controlled automotive light system that helps in mounting the safety while driving or creating a comfortable environment by means of lighting.
The architecture and design of this system provide enormous styling diversity, acting as a unique brand signature. OEMs offer automotive intelligent lighting systems to provide vehicles with the enhanced aesthetic appeal. Additionally, it enhances the attractiveness of the vehicle's interior as well as exterior lighting features.
Introduction of laser and organic LEDs in the rear lighting system, integration of infotainment system with the ambient lighting system, and active safety system features are the emerging factors observed in the market nowadays. OEMs are capitalizing on the safety features offered to attain competitive advantage among competitors. The rising automotive industries, as well as growing adoption of automotive intelligent lighting systems as a product differentiator, are the major factors driving the growth of the market.
The biggest challenge in the market is the high price of the automotive intelligent lighting system. This system increases the cost pressure on OEMs that they cannot transfer to the customer, thus reducing the profit margins of the suppliers and OEMs.
The global automotive intelligent lighting system market is segmented on the basis of the region covering North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA. Europe is anticipated to grow at a considerable rate due to the high adoption rate of advanced safety features in the vehicles. On the other hand, the Asia Pacific is predicted to dominate the market in the forecast period due to a continuously increasing population which exerts constant pressure on transportation in the developing countries.
It might emerge as the rapidly growing market owing to its mounting production of vehicles, in addition to the eminent purchasing power of consumers in the region. North America and Europe are anticipated to witness the prominent growth in the market throughout the forecast period majorly due to the presence of various prominent players in the region.
Modern automotive lighting is a global mega-trend. Growing technical developments in lighting inspire motorists to look out the most recent innovations. Improved security, enhanced performance, and an impressive design are the crucial points of automotive lighting research and trends. Furthermore, OSRAM GmbH is the world's major lighting supplier to the automotive industry, is at the front position of technological advancements. Additionally, the Audi R8 LMX and the BMW i8 were launched nearly at the same time as the first series production vehicles with laser headlights. OSRAM GmbH was highly involved in the development of the innovative laser light technology.
This lighting trend opens up entirely new horizons in the performance as well as designs of headlights.
The new technological level in the future includes dynamic bend lighting headlights. Till now, mechanical assemblies were necessary to shift the parts of the complete headlight. This is a thing of the past. Such innovations considering advanced forward lighting systems (AFS) now can be implemented much more simply. Similarly, OLED technology opens up completely new design options for light sources. At present, the R2D2 project with involvement from OSRAM is generating enormous interest among customers in the automotive industry.
Automotive Lighting’s project teams expand new technologies for tail lamps and headlamps. With innovative optic concepts, electronic modules AL and modular components develop the full range of economic lamps to laser light systems and LED matrix.
LG Electronics (LG) acquired the leading automotive headlight and lighting systems provider ZKW Group at SEOUL, South Korea in April 2018. LG Electronics acquires 70 percent stake in ZKW Group with parent company LG Corp. purchasing the remaining 30 percent.
Automotive Intelligent Lighting System Market Segmentation:
The Automotive Stainless Steel Tubes market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2013, grew to xx.xx Mil ...read more
The Automotive Exhaust System Stainless Steel Tube market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2013, gre ...read more
The Car Speakers market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2013, grew to xx.xx Million USD in 2017, an ...read more
The Car Filters market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2013, grew to xx.xx Million USD in 2017, and ...read more